Safe Call Now

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Safe Call Now® Saves Lives... Just ask this Chief

Mike Cantaloupe-Chief of Police


I wanted to share with you what others think about Safe Call Now® that have relied upon us for help.  Treatment works, lives are changed and families are put back together.  We are honored at Safe Call Now® to serve others.

I am a firm believer in the Safe Call Now® program. When I was first appointed as Chief of Police, I encountered what I believe to be a Chief’s or administrator’s worst nightmare. I received a call from another local Chief who stated that one of my officers was threatening to kill himself. There were several text messages from the officer. We were able to isolate my officer but then the real nightmare began. He was able to basically convince my entire command staff that he was fine and that we really needed to let him go home.  I had to literally order one of my Majors to “Baker Act” the officer who by the way is a very close friend of mine. Yes, that made the situation even worse. He became very aggressive towards me and basically told me he hated my guts and I was ruining his career, not in those exact words.  My friend and my officer was going to die!!! 

 There were also several other factors that were playing into the entire situation. Needless to say we “Baker Acted” him. I was able to keep him in the hospital for the full 48 hour psychological evaluation and then get him into a program thanks to Safe Call Now®.  I spoke with Chief Muldoon and he gave me your information. Without your help and the program knowledge Safe Call Now® has, we would have been attending a funeral for this officer. He actually told me how and what he was going to do if we had let him go home that night.

The program you recommended and placed my officer into for the initial professional evaluation was amazing and it allowed my officer/friend to really recognize he had a problem. At the completion of the initial evaluation, your assistance with getting him into the one of the finest treatment programs in America was again a godsend. 

The fact that he was back and close enough to home, allowed us to visit with him and on several occasions we did so and he did not feel isolated. The staff at the treatment center really made a difference and as of today my officer and my good friend is doing great. Sean thanks again and keep doing what you and your staff are doing because you really are making a difference.

Thanks, Mike Cantaloupe
Chief of Police
City of Cocoa, FL


2 comments: