Safe Call Now

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Family Time First...

By Safe Call Now®'s Steve Gutzler


I recently had the privilege of having a breakfast meeting with my son, Jayce. We sat in a restaurant overlooking Lake Washington on a beautiful, crisp blue day. He is in law enforcement and we were meeting with a fellow officer. As we sat relaxed, I was reminded again of how valuable and precious family time is. I have dozens of meetings with business professionals, I pour into them daily. 
Questions for 2016: How often and how much will I pour into my family? Do I really believe family is first? And do I show my family that they are first? I may not be able to schedule the same hours I do for work, but I can be far more intentional with the hours I have for them. 
I have aggressive goals for 2016, including publishing a book, speaking nationally and coaching over 30 leaders monthly. One goal I do not want to miss is quality family time with my wife, three children, and five grandchildren. I read something recently that inspired me to devote more quality time for those I love. I hope it inspires you to make 2016 a year of Family First
Jonathan Edward, born in 1702, was a theologian, pastor and President of Princeton. He lived in many places over his lifetime, including Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts, but regardless of his busy life he was a devoted family man. In 1900, A.E. Winship studied 1,400 descendants of Jonathan and his wife Sarah. Among them, there were: 
·         13 college presidents
·         65 professors
·         100 lawyers
·         30 judges
·         66 physicians, including a medical school dean
·         80 held public offices, including: 3 U.S. Senators, 3 mayors, 3 governors, a Controller of the U.S. Treasury and one U.S. Vice President
Were all of Edward's descendants high achievers? Certainly not, but the pattern is clear: A good family is an incredible advantage in life. One of the best investments you and I can make in 2016 is quality family time
"While you can't do much about your ancestors, you can influence your descendants greatly."
Blessings to You (and your family),
Steve Gutzler


No comments:

Post a Comment