Safe Call Now

Friday, May 22, 2015

A Firefighters Wish...

By Captain Willie Wines Jr. - Wooden Ladders & Iron Firemen



You know the old saying “sh%# in one hand, wish in the other and see which one fills up first”? Well, that’s what today’s post is about… my wishes.

I WISH…

I WISH the job cared as much about me as I do it.

I WISH I had the same passion and desire as I did in the 90’s.

I WISH I had put as much time into my family as I did the job.

I WISH I had been a better father and husband.

I WISH I had listened more to the advice I was given.

I WISH I had of went right instead of left at Hurt Park.

I WISH I could leave the job on the job.

I WISH I could sleep through the night.


I WISH I didn’t have to take a nap following my tours.

I WISH I wasn’t so tired all the time.

I WISH I had taken as good of care of myself as I tried to for others.

I WISH I could forget the faces.

I WISH I hadn’t seen what I have.

I WISH I didn’t know what I know.

I WISH I knew how to prepare you for the job.

I WISH you’d believe me and take the advice.

I WISH I knew when and how to walk away.

I WISH I could afford to.

I WISH I could have made a larger, more positive impact.

I WISH I had set a better example.

I WISH I had told him I loved him.

I WISH I could have traded places with both of them.

I WISH I wouldn’t do it all over again if given the chance but I would.

I WISH I had that chance!



No comments:

Post a Comment