Safe Call Now

Thursday, June 4, 2015

3 Habits of Lasting Leaders...

By Safe Call Now®'s Steve Gutzler
By Safe Call Now®'s Steve Gutzler


Before I share the three habits, I'd like to remind you that every day, leaders must wake up and lead themselves before they lead anyone else. Others depend on us, and because of that we must keep the fire burning within us.   

We must:
  • Know where we are going - Our Vision
  • Know why we are going there - Our Motivation
  • Know how we can help others - Our Leadership
 
To stay energized and on course - leaders can sustain themselves by:

1. The Habit of Passion -

Your passion will give you two distinctive traits: energy and credibility. Pioneering aviator Charles Lindbergh said, "It is the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without the plane."
When you love what you do and do what you love, others find it inspiring. I also believe it's the job of the leader to turn up the passion – the energy – the emotion.

My challenge: today show more passion and heart for those who serve and lead!



2. The Habit of Daily Disciplines - 

Successful people do what unsuccessful people do only occasionally. Identify and implement your own daily disciplines:
  • Select a positive attitude.
  • Determine important priorities.
  • Follow the guidelines of a healthy corporate athlete.
  • Communicate daily with your family.
  • Read at least 15 minutes per day.
  • Focus on The 80/20 Principle, 20% that gives you the 80% return.
  • Deepen your faith daily.
  • Show up on time, "be early."
  • Model generosity.
  • Be present in meetings, never look at your phone.
  • Show excellence in every encounter.
  • Conclude each day and gratitude.
 
3. The Habit of Supportive People - 

"People around you will either wind you up or wear you down… Choose them wisely."

The older I get the more I realize the people around me can elevate my success and dreams or deplete them. Ideally I can build upon my friendships, a strong healthy family, and inner circle of like-minded leaders who sharpen and challenge me and my potential, mentors, and coaches that speak the truth in love… unvarnished and unfiltered.

I believe no leader should burnout. Tired or frustrated… yes, but not burned-out. We should get up each day excited and honored to serve where we are… Fully and unrestricted. Just remember to tap into your passion, stay true to your daily disciplines, and surround yourself with the right people.


No comments:

Post a Comment